AAJ National Officer Elections
When are the AAJ National Officer Elections?
The 2017 elections will be held during the Annual AAJ Membership Business and Elections Meeting beginning at 5:15 p.m. Eastern Time on Monday, July 24 in Ballroom B, Level Three of the Hynes Convention Center. Candidates for non-contested elections will be elected during the meeting. Electronic voting will be conducted for the contested election for the office of Parliamentarian, beginning at the conclusion of the Membership Business and Elections Meeting and continuing until noon Eastern Time on Tuesday, July 25. For more information on the election, including candidate statements and voting processes, please visit www.Justice.org/AAJElections.
What are the voter eligibility requirements for the AAJ National Officer Elections?
To be eligible to vote in the 2017 AAJ National Officer Elections, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be a voting member of AAJ, which is limited to these member categories: Regular, Life, Sustaining, President’s Club, Honorary Life; or retired members who were formerly Regular, Life, Sustaining, or President’s Club Members.
- You must be a voting member of AAJ in good standing for at least 30 days prior to the start of the Annual Convention (June 22, 2017).
- You must be a paid registrant for the full Convention week (registered for the “total package” or “education programs only”).
- You must personally check in at the Annual Convention, receive an AAJ convention badge onsite, and agree that no other person will be allowed to cast your vote.
- We encourage you to attend the Membership Business and Elections Meeting, but it is not required to vote.